We are looking for a Research Scientist to take up an internship with us; whether you are about to graduate or just looking for some work experience in between your PhD, we would love to have a chat and see how you could help us grow our technology stack.
Synativ is a tech first company and our core product offerings are driven by state-of-the-art innovation. Your role entails following the latest research in the field & engaging with the research community to explore and implement new directions in generative AI which can lead to valuable capabilities for our customers. Join us to build the future of generative AI beyond Stable Diffusion.
This could be a remote role but we love to have you with us in our London office - just let us know what you prefer!
What are we building?
Synativ helps ML engineers and scientists to generate the images they need to improve training of their computer vision models - think of us as Stable Diffusion for engineers. We harness the power of generative AI to allow engineers to quickly and efficiently acquire missing data without resorting to manual data collection and labelling.
As a researcher at the University of Oxford, our CTO contributed to developing this technology during its early days and we are excited to take it to market as it continues to mature. We are backed by an incredible investor, Sequoia Capital, and are excited to expand our technology & team on this journey.
What should you bring
- PhD and/or previous research experience with deep learning in the context of unstructured data (i.e. publications at top-tier conferences in computer vision, NLP, reinforcement learning, etc.)
- Good grasp of modern neural network architectures and passion to stay on top of the latest research. Practical/ academic experience with generative AI (GANs, VAEs, diffusion models, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to transfer academic papers and ideas into functional prototypes to open up new capabilities for our customers.
- Strong coding skills in Python and at least one of the libraries used for deep learning (PyTorch / Tensorflow).
- Familiarity with Linux, bash, and cloud computing ecosystems (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud).
What we offer you
- Competitive pay (against the FAANG companies).
- 6 weeks annual leave.
- Building the future of generative AI alongside top researchers.
- Collaborating with our founders & team on our technology roadmap.
- Influencing and shaping our research culture going forward (your working style will shape our DNA).
- "Behind-the-scenes" experience of an early-stage startup, especially great for those with an entrepreneurial mindset.
We are committed to the Equal Employment Act regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and parental, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying