We are looking for a Research Scientist to take up an full time role with us; we are seeking a Scientist who has just graduated or is about to graduate this year to join our growing Research & Generative AI team and assist in expanding our technology stack.
Synativ is a tech first company and our core product offerings are driven by state-of-the-art innovation. Your role entails following the latest research in the field & engaging with the research community to explore and implement new directions in generative AI which can lead to valuable capabilities for our customers. Join us to build the future of generative AI beyond Stable Diffusion.
What are we building?
Synativ helps ML engineers and scientists to generate the images they need to improve training of their computer vision models - think of us as Stable Diffusion for engineers. We harness the power of generative AI to allow engineers to quickly and efficiently acquire missing data without resorting to manual data collection and labelling.
As a researcher at the University of Oxford, our CTO contributed to developing this technology during its early days and we are excited to take it to market as it continues to mature. We are backed by an incredible investor, Sequoia Capital, and are excited to expand our technology & team on this journey.
What should you bring
- PhD Grad with research experience in deep learning within the context of unstructured data (i.e. publications at top-tier conferences in computer vision, NLP, reinforcement learning, etc.)
- Ideally undertaken some sort of internship/ work throughout the PhD to help understand what working in an industry environment is like.
- Good grasp of modern neural network architectures and passion to stay on top of the latest research. Practical/ academic experience with generative AI (GANs, VAEs, diffusion models, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to transfer academic papers and ideas into functional prototypes to open up new capabilities for our customers.
- Strong coding skills in Python and at least one of the libraries used for deep learning (PyTorch / Tensorflow).
- Familiarity with Linux, bash, and cloud computing ecosystems (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud).
What we offer you
- Competitive pay (against the FAANG companies).
- Self-development bonus (health, education, hobbies - you choose).
- Health & dental insurance.
- 6 weeks annual leave.
- Relocation and visa support (if applicable).
- Building the future of generative AI alongside top researchers.
- Collaborating with our founders & team on our technology roadmap.
- Influencing and shaping our research culture going forward (your working style will shape our DNA).
- "Behind-the-scenes" experience of an early-stage startup, especially great for those with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You can also work with us to define additional early employee rewards going forward.
We are committed to the Equal Employment Act regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and parental, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying